WILMAR A. SALIM, ST., M.Reg.Dev., Ph.D.
||University of Hawai‘i at Manoa, USA
||University of Queensland, Australia
||Institut Teknologi Bandung
- Academic staff (1998 – now)
- Chair of Master and Doctoral Program (2012 – 2016)
- Visiting Associate Professor at Hiroshima University (2016)
- Member of Regional Science Association International
- Member of Research Committee 21 Sociology of Urban and Regional Development of International Sociological Association
- Member of Indonesian Regional Science Association (IRSA)
- Member of Indonesian Association of Planners (IAP)
|Research and development projects over the last 5 years
- Top-down and Bottom-up Approach in Conservation Management (2018)
- “Political and Social Inclusion and Local Democracy in Asian Cities: Cases of Indonesia, India and Vietnam”, 2017-2018. Funded by East-West Center
- Local Institutional Capacity in Integrated and Sustainable Small Islands and Coastal Tourism Planning (2017)
- “The Riau Islands Province Research Project”, 2016-2017. Funded by ISEAS Yusof Ishak Institute
- “Regional Development Model Based on Local Capacity in Decentralisation Era”, 2015-2016. Funded by Directorate General of Higher Education Competence Grant
- Industrial Deconcentration in Bandung Metropolitan Area, 2014-2015. Funded by Asahi Glass Foundation
- Industrial Deconcentration in Gerbangkertosusila Metropolitan Area, 2013. Funded by ITB Innovation Research Grant
- Team Leader and Resilience Expert (2018) Project: Climate Resilience Index Development Study for National Development Planning Agency (BAPPENAS)
- Adaptation Expert (2017) Project: Extensive Coastal Vulnerability Assessment and Development of an Integrated Coastal Management Adaptation and Strategic Plan for Timor-Leste
- Project Manager (2015) Project: Indonesia Exploratory Study for the Urban Expansion Initiative, for NYU Stern School of Business
- Climate Change Adaptation Planning Expert (2014-2015)
Project: Integrating climate change adaptation into Spatial Planning for the Ministry of Public Works, funded by JICA
|Patents and proprietary rights
|Important publications over the last 5 years
- “Infrastructure Development Under Jokowi Administration: Progress, Challenges and Policies”, Journal of Southeast Asian Economies. [as 1st author, with Siwage Dharma Negara], 2018.
- “Urban Governance Challenges and Reforms in Indonesia: Toward New Urban Agenda”, a chapter in Bharat Dahiya and Ashok Das (eds.), New Urban Agenda in the Asia-Pacific: Governance for Sustainable and Inclusive Cities. Springer Nature Singapore. [as 1st author with Delik Hudalah], 2018.
- “Reinventing papadak/hoholok as a traditional management system of marine resources in Rote Ndao, Indonesia”, Ocean and Coastal Management 161: 37-49. [as 2nd author, with Putu Oktavia], 2018.
- Wilmar Salim, Delik Hudalah and Tommy Firman, “Spatial planning and urban development in Jakarta Metropolitan Area”, Chapter in Jorgen Hellman, Marie Thynell and Roanne van Voorst (eds.), Shaping Jakarta: Claiming spaces and rights in the city, Routledge, 2017.
- Wilmar Salim and Siwage Dharma Negara, “Why is the High-Speed Rail Project so Important to Indonesia?”, ISEAS Perspective, 2016(16).
- “Proliferation pattern in underdeveloped regions”, Procedia Social and Behavioral Science 227 (824-832). [as 2nd author, with Uly Faoziyah], 2016.
- Wilmar Salim, “Democratic Local Governance in Indonesia: Impacts of fiscal decentralization on provinces and Aceh”, Chapter in Shabbir Cheema (ed.), Democratic Local Governance: Reforms and Innovations in Local Democracy in Asia. UNU Press, 2013.
|Activities in specialist bodies over the last 5 years
||Vice Chair of Indonesian Planning School Association (ASPI), 2013-2015